Here are our five other hidden gems of Thailand:
1. Pai, North Thailand – here’s where you can ride an Elephant at many of the Elephant camps they have; take a two/ three day jungle trek up into the mountains and stay with a hill-tribe for a night or two (drinking whiskey and trying their local cuisine). Another bonus is immersing yourself in the hot springs for a thorough exfoliation!
Also, have you ever fancied tubing in Vientiane, Laos? Pai has a fantastic river which you can tube down all you need is a bottle of Chang!
2. Chaing Mai. North Thailand – similarly to Brooke’s tips, you can also hug a baby tiger, or if you’re daring enough enter into the fully grown tigers’ cage!
Ever wanted to talk to a Monk? Here you can go along to a Monk chat at one of the many temples and ask them that budding question you’ve been eager to know the answer to!
3. The island of Koh Chang – I absolutely love this island and stayed in the resort of Lonely Beach. It’s not renowned for its party scene but it is home to a good, crazy night out with the locals and has a Caribbean vibe. It is also home to amazing fire dance shows in many of the bars!
4. Chiang Rai, Northern Thailand – visit the spectacular Emerald Buddha and truly immerse yourself in Buddhist culture. Visit the night markets for cultural performances and buy local products.
5. Krabi, Southern Thailand – not only does it hold picturesque beaches and feel like you’ve entered paradise but is home to infamous limestone rock formations, turquiose water and white sands!