A new level to the familiar RED Award scheme, provisionally known as the Advanced RED Award, is now in development.Read More »
These loveable quirks of Reading students are just a snapshot of campus life hereRead More »
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic new Lifestyle EditorRead More »
A charity in Reading are in need of volunteers for a Christmas meal this Friday 12 DecemberRead More »
The Careers Centre answer some common questions at this busy time of year.Read More »
The RED Award – all your questions answered!
I’ve heard about the RED Award but why should I get involved?
Quite simply the RED Award is here to help you get a job, whether that’s work during the holidays, an internship or a graduate job. The activities you get involved with as part of the scheme – volunteering, work experience and training & development sessions – give you evidence of the ‘real life’ skills employers are looking for.» >Read More »
The Careers, Placements and Experience Centre (more affectionately known as the Careers Centre) would like to say a very big hello and welcome back to all our new and returning students.
Important things you need to know about the Careers Centre
- You can come and see us at any point during your degree – not just at the end when you’re looking for a graduate job, the earlier the better!
- You don’t have to know what you want to do to come and see us, we have the expertise and can help you build up your ideas from ground zero
- We run the Job Shop based in RUSU, which is open 10-4pm during term time helping you find part time, term time work and summer internships
- We run the RED Award, an employability and development scheme which rewards you for building up employability skills through your extracurricular activities
- We run specific sessions for your course, faculty as well as through our central programmes
- We host employers and careers fairs on campus throughout the year
Careers Events, for more information and booking, please visit www.reading.ac.uk/careers/myjobsonline
|02/10||RED Employability Award Information Sessions||Carrington Building 101||14:00|
|03/10||RED Employability Award Information Sessions||Carrington Building 101||14:00|
|09/10||CV workshop||Carrington Building 201||13:00|
|14/10||No career ideas||Carrington Building 101||13:00|
|15/10||RED Employability Award Information Sessions||Carrington Building 101||13:00|
|15/10||Job hunting made easy||Carrington Building 101||13:00|
|16/10||Getting into teaching||Carrington Building 201||13:00|
|16/10||Part Time Jobs Fair||3Sixty||11.00 -15.00pm|
|17/10||Where are the jobs||Palmer B 103||13:00|
|17/10||PWC evening in HBS||HBS||18:30|
|18/10||RED Employability Award Information Sessions||HumSS G74||13:00|
|18/10||CV workshop||CB 101||13:00|
Please keep your eye out for updates to our events on myjobsonline, as we can sometimes receive bookings from employers after Spark* has gone to print.» >Read More »