Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and although it is meant for time with our loved ones, it can get expensive. However, some of the nicest gifts are homemade, and don’t have to cost you much at all! Valentine’s themed baking is a perfect example – you cannot go wrong with a tasty treat.
The first recipe is Red Velvet Truffles. Both indulgent and light; the red filling is not only a nice
surprise but the sweet Valentine’s treat!
- Make a basic red velvet sponge (you can find recipes online or even just cheat and buy a packet recipe!)
- Once this has cooled, crumble the sponge in a bowl and mix it with one small tub of soft/cream cheese. This should form a moist consistency
- Then roll into small balls.
- Pop them in the fridge
- Melt two bars of white chocolate
- Once the chocolate is melted, take the balls out of the fridge and cover them in the melted chocolate.
- Place them back in the fridge
- Once they are set, drizzle some dark chocolate over the top!
They take next to no time to make and taste delicious!
If all else fails, you can never go wrong with Brownies. They are extremely indulgent and are more than enough to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
You can make them either fudgey or a bit more cakey – it depends on your personal taste but there are recipes to suit all preferences online.
- 100g caster sugar
- 55g butter, melted
- 15g cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 55g plain flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix all the ingredients, bake at 180 C for 20-25 minutes
- Once the brownies are made, all you need to do is find a heart-shaped pastry cutter and cut out the brownies, being careful not to crack them or break them.
- Arrange them on a plate and dust over some icing sugar and mini marshmallows (or any decoration of your choice) for a delicious Valentine’s dessert.
These are just of the few yummy recipes you can find; the web offers plenty of baking ideas you can make if you don’t fancy these ones.