Picture this: you’ve had a long day of lectures, seminars, or even staring bleakly at textbooks with your head in one hand and a can of red bull in the other; you’re going to a social tonight but haven’t planned anything for your costume.
Getting the perfect costume is much harder than it looks – you want to be creative and turn a few heads, including the union photographer.
The solution? Statement makeup! This tutorial won’t blow your budget or, more importantly, require 2 hours worth of preparation.
Nothing could be more on trend for summer 2017 than the mermaid look. The creative choice is yours whether you’re going for a fun Little Mermaid look or a deadly siren of the sea, but this look will take a bit of both of these aspects.
You will need: white face paint or even an eyeliner pencil, blue eyeliner, glitter.
- Prep your skin – treat your skin beforehand with a good cleanse and add some primer. Use a little concealer to brighten your face before starting.
- Eyeliner: feel like you just stepped on land with winged metallic blue liner. You’ll make waves with this! (literally)
- Using white face paint and a little brush, extend your water-winged eyeliner to form crashing waves.
- Give your face some fins, allowing you to practically swim through those crowds in the club.
- Using the blue eyeliner, draw on a statement headpiece because this mermaid left all her accessories back in the ocean.
- Lips: cool, metallic colours are perfect. Line your lips with gold eyeliner and then a purple lipstick.
- Finally, give yourself some blue freckles, a family of starfish and some shimmer in the form of glitter and highlighter – go for the temples, cheekbones, sweep glitter down your neck, put it in your drink. Glitter all over the plaice!
- Finish with accessories, some fishtail braids, and a little salt spray to really emphasize that “I washed up on the beach like this” look.
Boots essentials Facial toner
NYX photo loving primer
Maybelline Cover stick in Ivory
No7 Liquid eyeliner in blue
Snazaroo White face paint
Colour couture silver glitter
NYX retractable eye pencil in Gold
The Body shop Colour crush lipstick in Berry Me
e.l.f Baked highlighter