1. The North Face has spent 11 years of research making a ‘Moon Parka’, the first product made of synthetic spider silk materials. Wear the bugs or let them be?
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: …first snail mask, now spider silk, am I the only one with insect phobia?
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: If killing them is not required and the quality is good, why not? Just like you don’t need to slaughter a sheep to get sheep wool.
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: I like ducks 🙂
2. Twitter is replacing its ‘favourites’ yellow star to ‘likes’ with a red heart. There has been controversy over the recent change. Is this spreading the love or losing stars in the universe?”
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: We already have the like button on Facebook!
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: “Favourite” is associated with “like”. Stars are more of “Highlight”, no?
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: You’re a universe.
3. Taco Bell gives away free breakfast after losing a World Series bet. What restaurant do you wish wold give away free breakfast in Reading? “
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: Anything! No one complains about free food.
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: Greggs!! (I know it’s not a restaurant but a bakery, but yeah, I just love their breakfast rolls!)
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: Cheeky Nando’s breakfast?
4. Taylor Swift is getting sued for allegedly stealing lyrics for her song ‘Shake it off’ by R&B singer Jesse Braham for $42 million. Scam artist or legit theft? Listen here for the ‘original’: https://youtu.be/808MLaHcBs4“
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: If three sentences amount to infringement I think barely anyone can create 100% new work.
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: Publicity stunt. It sounded nowhere near. (and just look at the number or “dislikes” compare to the “likes”)
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: The amount spent on legal fees would be more than enough to send all the children from a small village through school and university…. What is the world coming to…
5. Are you singing ‘Let it Grow’ this month and showing off that facial hair? Or celebrating more discreetly with your face nude? How do you feel about this girls?”
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: I think it’s more a “Let it bleed” month, but “Let it Grow”is not bad.
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: “Friend: go for it. Boyfriend (if I had one): NO.”
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: Hmm…
6. T Plus-size labelling is trending out of fashion. With our expanding waistlines, would you rather buy a 10 plus or a 25?”
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: I go for elastic trousers.
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: 25. Have you seen a “10 petite”?
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: I’ll take a 25 plus please.
7. Microsoft has now come out with a fitness band which has GPS, Ultraviolet light sensor, Guided workout and wifi connection. What can Microsoft NOT do?”
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: Make their product in Rose Gold.
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: Dude, where are the apps? Windows phone user here!
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: Make me cookies…
8. November is all about remembering…but is it really worth it? What is on your list that you always try and forget but it doesn’t happen?”
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: Um….that doesn’t happen to me because I forget things naturally, even the important ones…
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: Yes it is. Lest we forget. And, darn it, I can’t remember what I wanted to forget.
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: Of course things are worth remembering.
9. Where were you when you had a moment of silence?”
Wing Lam K., 3rd year Law: On my bed, covering myself with two duvets.
TJ Hiew, 3rd Year Law: The Oracle, Riverside.
Ian S, 3rd Year Law: On the centreline of an American Football field.