Are you a fan of cocktails but your student budget is holding you back? Look no further. As the party season approaches, The Spark have found you the 7 best places to go for cocktails on a budget.
- Be At One, Gun Street “Be At One Reading is a fantastic space set over two floors which lends itself extremely well to relaxed midweek cocktails and all out parties on the weekend.” What’s really good is that they offer 2-4-1 from 4.30pm till late every day as part of their happy hour! Prices: Cocktails start from £4
- Mix Bar, Kings Walk By downloading the Mix Cocktail Bar App, you can enjoy selected cocktails for £4 every day until 8pm and all day & night on Sundays! Mix is not just a cocktail bar. They also host DJ’s on a regular basis and it is even possible to have a cocktail making master class from £28 per person.
- Las Iguanas, The Oracle Riverside Las Iguanas in the Oracle is the perfect place to go with friends if you want food as well as cocktails. Las Iguanas’ happy hour is all day Sunday-Wednesday & from 12-7pm, 10pm-Late Thursday-Saturday where you can get 2-4-1 cocktails & coolers. Not only that, at the moment, students can get 25% off their food bill with a valid NUS card!
- Milk Bar, Merchants Place Milk Bar offer a superb range of bespoke cocktails that have been specially selected and created by their bar staff. Milk Bar offer evening deals (perfect for after those late lectures) Monday- Friday, 4pm- 8pm, two cocktails for £10! And, if you’re hungry, the award winning Shed Café is just below.
- Lola Lo, Friar Street Lola Lo is a cocktail bar and club with a pacific island theme running throughout. They boast an “exotic treasure chest of cocktails, brought to you with theatre” by their bar tenders. At Lola Lo, cocktails start from £2.95 and £5.95 for a cocktail sharer (Monday- Thursday).
- All Bar One, The Oracle Riverside All Bar One is another great place to go for both food and cocktails. “Our bartenders can mix an impressive range of cocktails, from traditional tipples to new classics, such as our wine cocktails.” They offer cocktails for £4.95 after 5 pm Sunday- Thursday
- Revolution, Station Road Revolution is a very stylish bar and restaurant in the town centre. This makes it the perfect place to go before a night out. “Our cocktails have always been at the heart of our menu, and the heart of the party spirit. From mojitos and mules to martinis and mocktails, mixing up spirits, sweets, juices and fruits has taken us from classic to disco to blended drinks, the ultimate ice cold refreshment.” Happy hour: Monday- Friday 5-7pm