Give your brain a break. Here are some mindful break ideas to help you get the most out of your free time.
Short Breaks (10 – 30 mins)
- Listen to relaxing nature sounds (e.g. rainfall, waves).
- Listen to themed ambience sounds (e.g. busy café, library).
- Close your eyes and listen to your surroundings; be present in the moment.
Medium Breaks (30 mins – 1 hour 30 mins)
- Take a walk– notice your environment.
- Read a book.
- Do a random act of kindness.
Big Breaks (more than 1 hour 30 mins)
- Do something creative that requires a lot of focus (e.g. make a gift, learn how to sew).
- Attend a mindfulness workshop.
- Visit a restaurant or café with a friend or family member. Enjoy yourself!