Indulge in this very easy Hallowe’en baking recipe with a chocolatey surprise in the middle!
– A roll of puff pastry (you can find this in the fridge section)
– 200g milk chocolate
– 1 egg
– Orange-flavoured icing (these come in small tubes in a pack with other flavours)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C, or 180°C for a fan-assisted oven.
2. Roll out the pastry and place 2 chocolate squares on the sheet.
3. Cut the pastry 2cm around the chocolate squares in between the sections.
4. Fold it over so that a rectangle is created.
5. Using a fork, seal the edges by two diagonal ends, so that they resemble a sweet wrapper.
6. Whisk the egg and egg wash the pastry.
7. Place in the oven on a baking tray for 20-25 minutes.
8. Melt some of the remaining chocolate in a microwaveable bowl for 40 seconds at a time until the
chocolate has melted.
9. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the pastry alongside the orange icing. Be careful as the contents will be hot.